Dance of the Falling Leaf

बढ़ गया था प्यास का एहसास दरिया देखकर , हम पलट आये मगर पानी को प्यासा देखकर.

THE HISTORY REPEATS

Life at a fledgling management institute after graduating from an old and established engineering institution has been challenging. A lot of things have changed, and this includes my attitude towards life and humans (:P). The funny thing about my leaving college was that I was probably the last final year on campus. I went to see off everyone, each time returning sadder than before.
Before coming to Shillong, I was apprehensive about the kind of ‘friends’ I would make here, but more than four months down the pipe, I find that life is fun again. I have met a lot of new people, made new friends, learnt new things. etc etc etc…but somehow I find a similarity between the people I have met here, and my friends at MNNIT.

Following are small excerpts from big dialogues.
Sourjyo: Ideas become a part of cloud of other ideas. This is how logic evolves, which is just another abstraction of a collection ideas picked from the cloud.
Hassan: Life is like that buddy. Sometimes you go up, sometimes you come down. Mine has been down most of the time, but that’s another story.

Naagu (at 12:30 PM): Chaai piyega charre??
Mohit (at 12:30 PM): Chalo be chi-chi. Ek coffee maar ke aate hain..

Sai (In Mess): See I am incharge of only ‘Hostel Affairs’. Food quality is not under my jurisdiction. Please talk to Manav.
Hemant: Abhi caretaker se baat chal rahi hai.. jald hi naya menu aayega. Thoda sabar rakho.

Saumya Sir: Dhang se baitha kar..Lot mat lagaya kar... Tumhare chacha aayenge chaadar sahi karne.
Vishal: @##$^^$% ke… yeh chaadar tera baap sahi karega..aur yeh all out kyon neeche giraya..??

Sumit Kedia: Bhai who video dekha jiska link diya tha? Jabar video hai…
Mukul : Aa tujhe ek music video dikhata hoon masst wala..

SSP(f): Tera kuch nahi ho sakta.. Get lost.
Putaaiwala: Tu jindagi bhar aisa hi rehna.. Kuch ni ho sakta tera.. Bahar nikal kamre se..

RD (our OB Prof): Haan Anurag.. tumne hi badmashi ki hogi..
Kar Sir: Yeh bahut badmaash hai.. Pehchaanta hoon ise main..

Rana: Bas kar Jochi (yeah that’s how he pronounces it). Kitni ladkiyon ko sambhalega ek baar mein.... :O
Singla: Woh dekh be nimbu.. teri bandi jaari…

Lavneesh: waapas aana hai naa be.. Main ticket karwa raha hoon…
SoKuPa: Main bhi jaaunga tere saath.. karwa diyo ticket.. paisa le lena..

Hitesh: Hum to hain hi kaminey.. khule aam bolte hain.. but koi sunti hi nahi…
Pankaj: #@#^&**.. Mujhe farak ni padta ki kon ladki kya soch ri mere bare mein.. (After some time) Bhai but _____ aaj kya gajab lag rahi thi.. :P..

This and a lot more has happened in the past few months.. But the funny thing is .. Its so different. Yet it’s the same. Somehow…. :)

13 comments:

Glad that you got the same old college feeling yet again! I know nothing beats that.
Nice background settings!:)

 

charre.. design accha hai.. baaki sab.. rehne de.. chai pe aayega tab bataunga.. :)

 

nice analogies ..well done !!...gangu ka line complete karta yaar ???wahi kya jo main samjh raha ??

 

nice template.. it fits well with the theme of the post: change leading to something new, and a lot of the old. Hope to see you posting more regularly.

 

Nice post, I guess everywhere we go, we can find something to relate to in our old lives...

When I came to India, I met many people who seem so similar to me as my childhood friends :) It's a good feeling in a relatively unknown place.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself out there now :)

All the best

p.s. Nice template :D

 

Anurag : Tum logon ke pass koi kaam nahi hai..jab bore ho jao to bolo chalo anurag ki lete hain :)

 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

in between my lectures, i was surfing the net and chanced upon your site after about 4- 5 months. its funny, i had been trying desperately to find mirror images of my friends back in college, the sensible one, the flamboyant one and the bibliophile. Unfortunately, it didnt work out and my attempt at familiarity failed. I guess things are best put in perspective if you see people as they are and things only get better :)

 

joshi...writings.. always. gr8 to read.. :)

 

aur be #$%@$%@##$ ke :P
nice blog... it also proves that Yadav, Gujju and K2 are unique in their own ways ;)

 

great Joshi!!
feeling nostalgic after reading ur blog...


it feels like college should never gonna end..

 

Post a Comment