Dance of the Falling Leaf

बढ़ गया था प्यास का एहसास दरिया देखकर , हम पलट आये मगर पानी को प्यासा देखकर.

On a Valentine’s Day

As I woke up today with a shoulder that hurt like hell, the first thing I heard (read from a Gtalk SM) was about a blast in Pune. The day proceeded there on. It is Valentine’s Day and my day starts with the news of an act of utmost hatred! I have never felt comfortable with idea of having a single day celebrating love. And that day too has been disfigured and moulded into a money minting exercise by the ‘corporate’. This along with the bad news made me call up home and talk to the person I love the most, my mom. It had been a while since I had talked to her (the network here in Shillong does need a lot of work) so I obviously felt lighter after talking to her (although the talking was mostly from her side asking the usual queries about food, health and weather).

There are days when you want to dance and have fun and then there are days when you want a quiet place for yourself. Today happens to be the latter for me. There are people dying because of hunger, war and terrorism, yet we make farce celebration of humanity and love today. The true meaning of love has been lost and all that remains today is charred debris of a noble emotion. All of us wish to be happy and continuously strive for it and in this endless pursuit very few pay attention to a neighbor with a sad face. We have lost our reason, our thought process lies in shambles and yet we have the courage to stand up and make a happy face.

This is all that I’ll write for now. And if you believe that I am feeling low today, relax, my motto in life is simple and straightforward:

When I am sad, I stop being sad and become awesome instead
Barney Stinson (HIMYM)

4 comments:

There are too many destructive forces coming into play in the world today. People don't know of the concept of "Live and let live", and it sickens me to wake up so often to hear of this terror and chaos spreading in the world. As it is there are enough worries in this world.

Just think, we've grown up in a world like this, what about future generations??

We should do something about the sadness in the faces around us, I believe it is our responsibility.

Great post! Really gets you thinking. And yes, as Barney Stinson says...Let's all become awesome! :D

 

Let me start with a short story. A boy who since the age of 17 had an earnest desire of becoming an engineer from one of the most prestigious institutes of India ( IIT KGP) with the sole aim in life to make the life of his family and dependents a little easier and let them enjoy the love of the world, through their son/brother/husband i.e through him. He struggles to get into the IIT and then faces all sorts of challenges during his four years of engineering with the only hope that once he graduates he will be able to enjoy his love for family and his soul mate. He graduates in 2009 with a lovely well deserved job at one of the biggies in Mumbai.Here it might seem that everything is settled for the guy- some might even call him lucky chap. But when I inform you that he came to see his beloved sister, girlfriend and a couple of other friends and was hanging out at one of the most happening places in Pune, nobody knew what fate had in store for him. And today, all 5 of them are no longer with us. (post the German Bakery blast)

Whose fault was this that the poor guy had to meet such a tragic end? Whose fault was it that the guy could not shower all the love that he had for his sister/ girl friend/ family?

One thing for sure is that all this terrorism is not going to end so soon. Not until our three generations are born. So friends please do not hold your emotions. Never think you have the lifetime to love your family or someone special. God knows whats going to happen. So have a great Valentine's Day. Enjoy till the fullest with a happy face and even if your neighbour has a sad face, include him in your celebrations so that he can eventually have a happy face too.

 

i am not too good at writing so i'll let bob marley talk instead :)

Life is one big road with lots of signs,
So when you riding through the ruts, don't you complicate your mind:
Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy!
Don't bury your thoughts; put your vision to reality, yeah!
Wake up and live now

 

I feel so helpless when things like these happen, so uncertain of what my life has in store for me. I have realized that things can change drastically in one moment, how I wish that everyone and everything could always be awesome and under our control! It can't be and that's that the sad reality :(

 

Post a Comment